Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Reading: Don't Be Caught Napping

A writer I know says he's had some of his best naps at poetry readings so when he decided to start an annual prose and poetry event by members of the Toronto Writers' Co-op he added music to the mix. So Jan. 24 at 8:00pm at Hogtown's AlleyCatz (Yonge & Eglinton) readings will be eclectic - prose, poetry and who knows what else - and the accompanying music will be wildly improvised. I'm reading to the sound of bebop some already discarded bits from the noir crime manuscript I'm working on to see if I should have discarded those bits quite so quickly. There's no comparable gauge of what you've written like the instant feedback of a live audience. I can't decide if the night will be cool or chaotic. Some of both is my guess. There's no cover.

No comments: