Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Can Jeeves Explain the Disappearing Globe Ad?

I don't believe in extra-terrestrials, worldwide conspiracies, El Dorado or that Hogtown's own Maple Leafs will win the Stanley Cup in my lifetime. And I'm similarly dismissive of coincidences (Sigmund Freud would argue I shouldn't be). So I'm sure that the disappearance of the job ad for a Books Editor at the Globe and Mail that was posted on the Media Job Search Canada website amounts to nothing more than an advertiser's time limit being up.

I can hardly believe that this puny blog of mine would prod the Globe into removing the advertisement, posted January 30th, because I speculated here yesterday about why the paper had dumped Books Editor Martin Levin, and was on the lookout for someone with a "robust metabolism" and who had the sorts of skills more usually found in ad agencies than in the Book Sections of newspapers. I mean, Canada's National Newspaper couldn't be that sensitive to an outsider's comments, could it?                

No comments: