Sunday, September 6, 2015

TIFF, TIFF-iquette and the sans-culottes v. 2.0

Here's what I posted on Facebook last September 5. I posted the same message again this September 5. Also, as I wrote before, I hope some PR genius working for TIFF will issue a sort of "TIFF-iquette" guide on how to behave for the 10 days of the festival. The idea is his/hers almost free: comp me some tickets and we'll call it even.


Some advice for TIFF-ers: Because you bought tickets, scored a pass to a closed screening, met a Hollywood actor at a party, can recite dialogue from half a dozen foreign language films and have lots of black clothing does not make you any more important or useful than we the sans-culottes. So, don't hog the sidewalk; don't yell your pensées to each other in coffee shops - we're reading or dozing; don't cut in line; don't look through people when they say "excuse me." You get the drift. Thank you.

No comments: